When you first join the world of blogging it can be really disheartening to not really get much traffic. I found this and was so sad that no one was reading the posts that I spent so long writing that I almost gave up. But then I thought, why should I? I love writing and it doesn’t matter how many people view it. As soon as I got into this mindset and started writing more frequently, I found that more people started to read my blog! Therefore, I thought I would create a post highlighting the ways in which you can try and get more followers and readers as well as getting more involved in the blogging community!
- Talk to fellow bloggers– Seriously do this. Everyone in the blogging community is absolutely lovely. I was so worried it was going to be really awkward when I first started to get involved, but actually I’ve found just the opposite. Everyone has been really friendly and welcoming. I’ve met some lovely people as a consequence. I’ve also got new blogs to read daily!
- Share your posts more than once on social media– Ideally you want to find a way to do this without being too annoying to your followers. At the same time you want to make sure that everyone is getting round to reading your posts. Make sure that you don’t spam people though by rephrasing the title of your post.
- Use Twitter to your advantage- I’ve found that the best thing to do is follow other bloggers. Use hashtags that promote blogging, and tag blog accounts that promote bloggers in their posts. @UKBloggers1 and @BloggerBees are great for this.
- Look at your blog analytics– It pays to pay attention to how many views you’re already getting. Have you got loads of viewers on one particular post? Try and write a similar post again. Maybe you could turn it into a blog series.
- Make sure you spend time on your content- If you want people to read it then you have to make sure that it’s good. Often a good blog post takes hours to write after all the research that you do for it. Check your spelling and grammar.
Have you any blogging tips for getting more traffic?